Lunamaria's Testbed
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  IRC Chat  

[OOC] Battle Royale

Go down 
+4
Alistair
AaronW
Chaoslabs
Lunamaria
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Lunamaria
Admin
Lunamaria

[OOC] Battle Royale  Empty
PostSubject: [OOC] Battle Royale    [OOC] Battle Royale  Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 10:01 pm

Okay ladies and gentlemen, here is the story.

Could you kill your best friend?

Its a school day, a rather normal one. Your aged down AD characters (17-18) are at the end of a long Autumn school day but this time they aren’t going home. Instead they are going on a trip to Kyoto which is very nice time time of year. Only that isn’t where they end up. They are the first class to be selected for the Battle Royale Program.

What does this mean?

If you don’t know read the book, or the manga or watch the film, all explain it fairly well.

They will have three days to kill each other off or they will all die anyway, only one person can win. They will be given random weapons and then its all up to you. Its aged down and using the school setting because it removes most military training, that would make this all too easy.

If you have any questions ask away. Best to keep it all simple for now, maybe we can start the first little bit tonight.

--------

Roxanna Hollis,

A quiet nerd that keeps herself closed off from the rest of the world, reading books and working in school is almost all she has in life.

Official use: Likelihood of winning is almost zero, suicide a strong possibility.

----------

Hailey Rain Washington

Transfer student, daughter of a high ranking yakuza who recently met his end. Quiet and closed off, very sadistic.

Official use: Strong contender to win, volunteered to take part in the program.

----------

Fen Rokuro

Student class president and general popular person who knows just about everyone and is friends with about half. Quite charismatic and fun to be with with an interesting sense of humour.

Official use: Unlikely to win on her own, has a chance depending if she allies with anyone.

Last edited by Lunamaria on Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Chaoslabs

PostSubject: Re: [OOC] Battle Royale    [OOC] Battle Royale  Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 11:33 pm

Noboru Saito,

Hard working and studious, uses his sense of humour to deflect the hate his bookwormish persona and good grades attract to him. His humour has earned him a few friends.

Official use: Likelihood of winning is low, possible target, probably one of the first to die.
Back to top Go down
AaronW

AaronW

PostSubject: Re: [OOC] Battle Royale    [OOC] Battle Royale  Icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 12:48 am

Lance 'Kadeem' Greahart

18 year old Greahart is an odd mix-up of athletic, nerdy, and out-going. An orphan from day 1, he tends to drift from place to place these days.

Official use: A mediocre contender, not likely to win but not likely to die first.

----------

Graham Nelson Blair

19 year old Graham is a very intelligent person who excels in athletics, but he often pushes himself to far and gets into a lot of trouble. He is very anti-social.

Official use: Program Volunteer though his chances of winning are rather slim

Back to top Go down
Alistair

Alistair

PostSubject: Re: [OOC] Battle Royale    [OOC] Battle Royale  Icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 7:59 am

Alistair Judge

Transfer student held back one year by disorderly conduct agains school code. Highly academic and rather atheletic

Official use: High Survivabilty rate due to detachment from others, however, has a volatile and unstable temperment.
---------------------
Jude Ellsworth

Naive and a bit of a slacker, his friendliness often gets him into sticky situations, though he has an odd knack of making it out (relatively) unscathed

Official use: Likely to be the first to end up dead, though seems to have some high degree of luck.
Back to top Go down
Lunamaria
Admin
Lunamaria

PostSubject: Re: [OOC] Battle Royale    [OOC] Battle Royale  Icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 2:34 pm

Well I don't know how many other people are going to be able to get if we start here rather than on AD, we can always run this as a trial run though.

Don't be scared to grab people off IRC and MSN,
Back to top Go down
Black Watch

Black Watch

PostSubject: Re: [OOC] Battle Royale    [OOC] Battle Royale  Icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2010 12:20 am

Blake Shinoda

The school's resident drug dealer, Shinoda sells narcotics and prescription medication to student and teacher alike. When not dealing drugs, he works as a gigolo on the side (his logic: "I like to fuck, and I like to make money, so why not do both at the same time?"). He's usually easy going, but can become extremely aggressive when challenged, as two now crippled thugs found out after they tried to rob him.

Official Use: High survivability, due to his excellent analytical skills and criminal background.

Last edited by Black Watch on Sun Jul 18, 2010 5:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lunamaria
Admin
Lunamaria

PostSubject: Re: [OOC] Battle Royale    [OOC] Battle Royale  Icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2010 1:00 am

I've made the draw and it seems, interesting.

I'll post it up when we get to that part of the RP, only three or four rounds in.

If other people want to join they can and I'll add you to the bottom of the draw, I'll be posting the first post shortly.
Back to top Go down
Black Watch

Black Watch

PostSubject: Re: [OOC] Battle Royale    [OOC] Battle Royale  Icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2010 6:00 am

Would any of you guys be opposed to Shinoda possibly making references to past sales to the other characters, like selling peformance enhancers to the nerds?
Back to top Go down
AaronW

AaronW

PostSubject: Re: [OOC] Battle Royale    [OOC] Battle Royale  Icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2010 6:16 am

I personally would prefer if you not mention anything about Kadeem of Graham.
Back to top Go down
Lunamaria
Admin
Lunamaria

PostSubject: Re: [OOC] Battle Royale    [OOC] Battle Royale  Icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2010 12:20 pm

Roxanna is to much of a goody goody for that. Rain hasn't met any of you yet.

Back to top Go down
Alistair

Alistair

PostSubject: Re: [OOC] Battle Royale    [OOC] Battle Royale  Icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2010 10:15 pm

Alistair doesn't associate with people much, so no go for him

Jude isn't into that, put plainly
Back to top Go down
Black Watch

Black Watch

PostSubject: Re: [OOC] Battle Royale    [OOC] Battle Royale  Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 5:33 am

From this list of items, what would Shinoda be allowed to retain during the tournament: backpack, writing utensils, notebook, wallet, keys, switch-blade, sunglasses, cell phone, iPod Touch, Apple earbuds, portable battery charger, 2x 24 oz cans of energy drink, 3x candy bars, a pack of cigarettes, and a lighter.
Back to top Go down
Alistair

Alistair

PostSubject: Re: [OOC] Battle Royale    [OOC] Battle Royale  Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 5:36 am

Granted that I recall correctly, with the Battle Royale setting, you get no initial items aside from your clothing, and they give you a backpack with i think one weapon(in some cases, that term is used generously)

So it'd play out like this: Let's say Jude gets a coat-hanger in his pack, that's all he'd get until he finds/kills another and steals their weapon.

At least, thats what i believe is the case
Back to top Go down
Lunamaria
Admin
Lunamaria

PostSubject: Re: [OOC] Battle Royale    [OOC] Battle Royale  Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 8:05 am

You would be allowed all of it other than the switch blade. And use MP3 player rather than Ipod.

However it must be in a traditional school satchel. Because girls are allowed personal items boys are as well, however the more prepared you are, the more you can assume I'm going to be unfair to you. I like it when people have to use the world rather than come in ready.
Back to top Go down
Black Watch

Black Watch

PostSubject: Re: [OOC] Battle Royale    [OOC] Battle Royale  Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 8:31 am

I'll use media player or some made up name in place of iPod Touch. Will we be issued supplies?
Back to top Go down
Lunamaria
Admin
Lunamaria

PostSubject: Re: [OOC] Battle Royale    [OOC] Battle Royale  Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 9:11 am

Some, but as I said, watch the film/novel/manga if you have any large questions, other than the manga which has parts that are very graphic and a fair amount of nudity they are all pretty safe.

Most of this will be covered when we get there, as you aren't meant to know yet.
Back to top Go down
Black Watch

Black Watch

PostSubject: Re: [OOC] Battle Royale    [OOC] Battle Royale  Icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 3:15 pm

Just a heads up, I think one of my friends is going to join the RP.
Back to top Go down
ᴮªᵗᵗˡᵉ ᴰªⁿͨᵉ

PostSubject: Re: [OOC] Battle Royale    [OOC] Battle Royale  Icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 12:55 am

*is that friend Black Watch mentioned, requesting to join~?*

Mayumi Suzugawa

A short, well proportioned girl, 17 years of age. Quite strong for someone her height, a mere five foot nothing, Mayumi is on the field hockey team. Her features strictly Japanese, she seems to embody the plain-jane of the Japanese world. She hasn't even found her 'group' yet. Like, you know, those cliques that some girls join, and dress all the same way to fit into a stereotype? Yeah. That.

Her eyes are a heterochromial green, but appear brown from the inner ring of chestnut. Quite large and expressive, they give her almost an innocent look. Her cute, short, black-pixie cut hair is usually spiked outwards with a sort of gel, and occasionally streaked with an oddly coloured gel. It just so happens that on that day her hair had a streak of bright highlighter-blue. Unfortunately, this could make her stand out quiiiiite a bit.

She hangs out more with the athletic crowd, not minding if said people are male or female. Her parents are alive and well, thank you very much. No sob story there. And yes, she has a crush on someone... But it won't be revealed until later WHO. ;3

She comes into the game with the bobby pins in her hair, holding back her bangs; a simple digital watch; a shiny lucky coin she kept in her breast pocket and a small bag holding an eyeliner pencil, sharpener for said pencil, a small plastic tube of foundation and mascara. The bag itself is like a mini backpack, plain and black leather. Simple~

Official Use: Likely to survive until near the end. If she bands together with a group of people, she wouldn't be able to stand killing them to win, and would attempt to figure out a route of escape.
Back to top Go down
Lunamaria
Admin
Lunamaria

PostSubject: Re: [OOC] Battle Royale    [OOC] Battle Royale  Icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 4:07 pm

Other than the fact that bag must be a standard school satchel, like so.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/7e/Japanese_school_bag.jpg

Everyone has the same.

It seems fine to me, you aren't going to be familiar with any of the character sheets though. I guess I can set up a place for people to show them.

You can post when you are ready,

If Aaron or Alastair haven't posted by tomorrow night I will be skipping them.
Back to top Go down
BrightBlurr

BrightBlurr

PostSubject: Re: [OOC] Battle Royale    [OOC] Battle Royale  Icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 7:44 pm

Azure Du Fleurre: A transfer student from Europe. She can be somewhat quiet and seem out of place, but her usually calm and mature demeanor ensures she is one of the few people that can handle situations well.

Official Use: Likely to survive. Azure does know how to fence, meaning her use of swords is extraordinary, and her well use of remaining calm almost all of the time.

Michiko Sahashi: The popular yet thoroughly sweet girl everyone wants to speak to, Michiko is usually extremely sweet and almost seems as if she could harm no one.

Official Use: Mediocre survivability rate. She may be somewhat difficult to kill because of how harmless she is, but she really wouldn’t fight back very much.

Back to top Go down
Techi Zinphio

Techi Zinphio

PostSubject: Re: [OOC] Battle Royale    [OOC] Battle Royale  Icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 8:20 pm

Kane Byarte:
Age 17
- A student who likes to think outside of the box. He befriends others, but has common sense to get away when he has nothing to gain. Kane holds no regards for morals. Can also be manipulative.

Official use: 45-55 chance of survival or death, respectively. He tries to manipulate others and he is not good in a straight fight. However, he keeps a mindset of being able to take down his opponent along with himself at the least if victory cannot be achieved.
Back to top Go down
Lunamaria
Admin
Lunamaria

PostSubject: Re: [OOC] Battle Royale    [OOC] Battle Royale  Icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 8:48 pm

You two can start when ready, just post up on the coach,

I'll be having it leave soon but even that wouldn't be the end of time for people to join.
Back to top Go down
Lunamaria
Admin
Lunamaria

PostSubject: Re: [OOC] Battle Royale    [OOC] Battle Royale  Icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2010 10:12 am

Quote :
Azure quietly slipped into the classroom, her white collar easily sticking up, making her appear as usually formal as she liked. With her shoes padding against the ground rhythmically, she expected no one to give her even a second glance. The room was so loud with noise, and Azure barely understood a word of what anyone was saying with the speed at which they spoke. She kept her eyes lowered, and a mildly bored expression on her features. When she caught site of an empty seat, she lowered herself to be seated and placed her notebooks on the table. Placing her hand on the top book, she relaxed and looked at the board at the front. With her obvious French accent, she mumbled to herself, “I hope that new trip isn’t a hassle…” She slowly lowered her head to press her forehead against her table, and she groaned to herself. She was tired and she hated having to spend scrutinizing minutes listening to teenagers squabble about like love and romance and clothes. She was glad most of the people here assumed she was a guy and left her alone.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Michiko had stepped out of the school cafeteria with a small French vanilla cappuccino, the top of the cup steaming. Walking the few paces towards her class, she peeked in first at the students and immediately let a bright smile stream over her features. She could see so many students, although she had no idea if any of her friends were ever here. Shrugging carelessly, the pink haired girl marched into the classroom, and carefully looked for a free seat. There was one at the back of the room; and one near a boy around her age, of course, with brown hair. She had seen him before, but he wasn’t in her usual line of friends. She hated sitting near strangers, but that wasn’t something she had choice to today. Immediately, Michiko walked over and took a seat; her white skirt matched oddly with the chair she was in, and her pink shirt was probably going to look horrible as well. But she always knew the school was inconcise with fashion trends. She placed her cup on the desk, and briefly lifted her hand to her mouth, yawning into it. Glancing to the boy she was seated beside, she tilted her head to one side. Should I say hello? Or would I do well to ignore him? Maybe he knows more about the trip than I do.

Bright, everyone is waiting outside getting ready to get on the coach or has already done so. No one is inside the school, you'll need to revise this.

And if you aren't going to be wearing school uniform expect to get into trouble.
Back to top Go down
BrightBlurr

BrightBlurr

PostSubject: Re: [OOC] Battle Royale    [OOC] Battle Royale  Icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2010 3:49 pm

Oopse. I'll replay asap. Can't right now. Things with my mom are too bad so I gotta deal.
Back to top Go down
ᴮªᵗᵗˡᵉ ᴰªⁿͨᵉ

PostSubject: Re: [OOC] Battle Royale    [OOC] Battle Royale  Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 3:57 pm

Going to be gone for at least two weeks. Skip over Mayumi, please, and just have the stadard happen for her...? You know, sitting in the classroom, behaving, then escaping into the arena, alone? I'll write up a detailed post when I get back for what actually happened, alright?

Thanks~
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [OOC] Battle Royale    [OOC] Battle Royale  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[OOC] Battle Royale
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next